Reiki is a method of stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. The technique was developed in Japan and is administered by the laying on of hands. It is based on the idea that all living things have a special energy flowing through them called life energy. When your life energy is high, you’ll feel strong and confident, be more relaxed and centered and less likely to get sick.
Reiki practitioners channel energy in a particular pattern to heal and harmonize. Unlike other healing therapies, Reiki balances the body, mind, spirit, and emotions.
Reiki therapy promotes deep relaxation, removes energy blockages, detoxifies the system, provides more vitality in the form of healing universal life energy, and balances the vibrational energies of the body.
Benefits of Reiki
Reiki facilitates healing in multiple levels. Some of its many benefits include:
• Promote stress-reduction and deep relaxation
• Promotes feelings of balance, peace, tranquility and well-being
• Detoxifies the body
• Changing unwanted habits
• Release of blockages on physical, emotional and spiritual levels
• Reduction or elimination of pain
• Enhance the body’s self-healing mechanisms
• Shortened recovery time from healing or illness
• Reduced intensity of chemotherapy symptoms
• Enhanced function of the immune system
• Renewal of spiritual awareness
• Complementary to standard medical treatment